ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand – Reconciliation Action Plan
In 2021, CIR was engaged by ViacomCBS ANZ (Network Ten) to provide advice in relation to implementing, delivering, and evaluating its inaugural Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
This project was deemed to be a significant one, not only because it supports Network Ten to continue its RAP development in productive and inspiring ways, but because Network Ten is the first commercial network in Australia to launch a RAP.
CIR provided Network Ten with benchmarking and strategic advice so that the network could better understand:
- Where it currently ‘sits’ in its Reconciliation journey,
- Early indications of where progress is being made,
- Early indications of future opportunities and areas for growth,
- High level strategic advice on practical next steps to realise opportunities, and
- High level strategic advice on governance and monitoring and evaluation.
To provide this strategic advice, CIR undertook several streams of work, including:
- Research and desktop review of the broader reconciliation sector,
- Review of existing Network Ten diversity and inclusion and other relevant policies, and
- National workshops with staff from diverse levels and roles from across the network.
CIR provided Network Ten with a summary and recommendations report that focused on the network’s opportunities, strengths, successes, and priorities for delivering its RAP.
Following this work, CIR remained on retainer with Network Ten for the rest of 2021 and provided ongoing specialist advice in relation to reconciliation and other Indigenous Affairs matters.