Sara Lee – 50 Year Anniversary
Driving awareness and brand advocacy for Sara Lee, in particular around 50 years in the Australian market.
Although many Australians purchase and consume Sara Lee product, they don’t tend to refer to it as a truly Australian brand. Our task was to leverage Sara Lee’s 50th anniversary to make Australians fall back in love with the brand they remember and trust from their childhood.
We developed a 360 approach to ensure we were gaining mass awareness both locally and nationally for Sara Lee.
Our approach included an in-depth community focus, working with the Sara Lee team to uncover unique storylines of the expert bakers, pastry chefs and multi-generational factory workers who make Sara Lee the special brand it is.
In line with this we engaged national breakfast show, Sunrise to do a behind-the-scenes tour of the factory as well as securing coverage with local titles to generate a feeling of community on the Central Coast.
We also engaged leading baking influencer (and huge Sara Lee fan), Kat Sabbath to host a ‘Golden Anniversary’ event in Sydney with leading media and social influencers. This was followed with media gifting to Victorian influencers and media to ensure no one was missing out!
- Secured 7 national broadcast crosses with Sunrise, live from the NSW factory
- 50th anniversary features included in all local titles (3 x titles on Central Coast)
- 5M potential audience potential reach across earned media
- 12 media and influencer attendees at event
- 56 social media posts following Sara Lee event
- 700k total impressions from event